This and That 6/11/12
A few tidbits from around the webisphere:
• VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer is coming to a pair of headphones near you with The Phil Vischer Podcast. He discusses pop culture, theology, and Christian living with equal parts insight and silliness. I listened to Episode 2 today at the gym. It took a couple of minutes to get going but there was some really great stuff. Highly recommended.
• If anyone has a handle on storytelling it’s the folks at Pixar. Here’s a list of 22 Rules of Storytelling from Pixar artist Emma Coats.
• Illustrator and all-around-nice-guy Bob Ostrom is looking for artists, writers, publisher, art directors, designers and anyone else involved in children’s publishing to feature on his blog. If that’s you, let him know. I don’t know what his selection criteria is but you never know unless you try. While you’re there, check out Bob’s recent blog post, “How To Illustrate Children’s Books – A Backstage Pass”.
• FreelanceSwitch.com has a list of 12 Breeds Of Clients And How To Work With Them. An oldie but a goodie, full of great advice for the creative professional.
• Recently I updated my list of Recommended Resources on Amazon.com. (Full disclosure: If you click and then buy, Amazon will drop a few coins into my piggy bank).
• Finally, a short montage of characters created by the great Orson Welles. Good inspiration for character design sketching: